Monday, November 24, 2008

That Stunning Pygora Fiber!








Okay, if you can’t already tell, I LOVE PYGORAS! I love everything about them…their fun-loving personalities, their sweet, people-friendly dispositions, their happy goat “chatter” as I putter around the barns at chore time, and their very amusing attention-stealing antics…but, most of all, I love their luscious fiber! I’m about a third of the way through my fall shearing, and I’m excited! I have such lovely colors this year, between my new spring kids and the arrival of my newcomers…black, various shades of gray, browns, reds, lots of caramels, and natural whites…YUM! I sent my first batch of kid fleeces off to the processor this past Thursday, and I can’t wait to see what I get with all those wonderful Pygora, Merino and Silk blendings. Here’s a glimpse of some of my “babies” just prior to their clippings…

No comments: